Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Introduction

This is my first entry and I am completely new to this blogging thing. After seeing a friend of mine’s blog, I thought this would be a good place to help organize my thoughts and for my friends and family to keep up with me and my hectic and crazy life. I have kept a journal for off and on for years (some of my most personal thoughts will remain only to be recorded in the journal), but I think this would make my life a little more simplistic to record the bulk of my thoughts here. I will from time to time, I am sure, bring up significant issues from the past (such as my nervous breakdown at 28y/o and bouts with depression) as they may relate to issues of the present. This, however, is not a forum to analyze or dwell on the past but more to focus on the future and striving for a better quality of life.

A little personal info about me now, I grew up in an upper middle class, but completely dysfunctional family. My mother was an only child while my father was the older of two boys. My mother and father both grew up during the 50’s in rural Mississippi. No longer do I have any living grandparents and have only 2 first cousins and one sibling. I do not get to see any of my family very often. In fact I just recently saw my sister for the first time in several years. I have one son named Branson. He is the light of my life. I can not imagine my life without him. He fills my life with hope and inspiration. He is my beacon of light when my life turns dark and thoughts of him keep me going when I want to give up. I spend a lot of time with him and because of this, I am sane.