Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Office Chairs

As some of you might know, the chair that state has provided for me to sit in 8 hours a day, at work, is broken and has been for 6 months or more. On several occasions I have asked for replacement chair but none has been provided. Well yesterday the Accounting division was giving away their old furniture because that division had just finished remodeling their offices. So I went to accounting to find a replacement chair and behold I do find one. It, as is my current chair, is from the Nixon administration but it is fully functional and the best part it is free! I just get it and bring it to my office. Well now I have been informed that I cannot have this chair because it was not approved by our “manager.” So once again I am forced to sit in a broken chair. Well this is just too much for me to handle now. I am going out and buying a new chair with my very own money like several other people in this “office” have already done. Below is a picture of my current broken chair. Please take notice of the nice worn burnt orange colored upholstery that was popular in the mid 70’s. Let me also point out the permanent lounge position of the chair. This is the quality tools I am given to work with each and everyday. Attached is the picture of the new chair that I have picked out. I think it is very nice and is extension of my feelings of this “office.”