Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Life

When I graduated high school in 90 I had this grand vision on how my future would be. That vision is no where close to the reality of what my life has become. I do not have multiple vehicles, a large house, horses or even been out of the country yet. I don’t have a tennis court, swimming pool and hot tub in my back yard.
Are these the things that are needed to have a good life? Is this what society tells us to strive for? The reality of my life is that I lease a house with my best friend. I have one vehicle and it is not quite the Porsche that I thought it would be, I don’t even play tennis anymore much less have a court. My life is completely opposite of what I had planned at one time for it to be. So does this make my life regretful?
Absolutely not, in fact I love my life. Is it perfect, no, but who’s is? What I do have is an undemanding job that sacrifices pay for free time. With that free time I do things that are more valuable to me than money. I spend time with my son and I make it to all of his soccer games and school functions. I read, jog, ride my mountain bike, hang out with my friends and sit on the porch and drink coffee/wine. I go to movies and go hiking. I get to do the things that I enjoy, and that to me makes a good life.

Michelle you are Beautiful.