Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Stupidity? You Decide.

Below is an actual email directive from my department manager. It is telling me to look at someone’s reports and write a letter for him to sign concerning those reports.

So let me get this straight I am to read reports written by person #1 and then write a letter about what is in said reports, so person number #2 can sign. Now it would make the most sense to me if person #2 wrote his own letter since he knows what the message he is trying to convey. Now if that is not possible then, to me, the next logical step would be for person #1 to write the letter since he wrote the original reports and has more personal knowledge about he situation.

Now keep in mind my department manager has, not 1 but 3 personal secretaries.

Ok am I over reacting because I am jaded or does this really defy all logic and is extremely poor management?


Chris,
Please draft a letter for my signature regarding the lack of progress etc on this project. See Danny's reports. Need by Thursday of this week.
Thanks