Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Monday, June 12, 2006

And Leave This?

I sit here at my 70’s era desk in a broken chair every single week day. Even though my chair is broken I am lucky to have it. Jess scavenged it from Children’s hospital since they were throwing it away. It is much better then the broken chair that the state has provided me to sit in. My view is of 10 large black, 4 drawer, metal, legal sized filing cabinets. As this view is not an attractive enough in itself, there are also file boxes on top of the filing cabinets stacked to the ceiling. The files boxes are of a variety of ages and colors. Some of the boxes used to be white but have aged so that they are yellowish brown in color, some are black and that same faded white color, while some are grey and others that are blue and white. There are a total of 29 file boxes in my office. It is a splendid view that I am truly blessed to have. The large, but tight weaved, green carpet in our office is original to the building of this modern marvel of office space. This exquisite floor covering is not only lovely to gaze upon but it adds to the pleasing aroma of mildew and musk that is so ever present. The office building itself is as such all office/administration buildings built during time of Nixon and is a thing of architectural beauty; perfect cubes with its nondescript concrete and glass. I can not understand why architecture moved away from such wonderful designs. How could someone ever fathom leaving all of this?