Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Perspective

What a beautiful morning, the crisp morning air, the birds chirping and the roses in full bloom. Mornings like these are easily missed due to the hectic pace most people keep in the A.M. We have also had such a wonderful spring this year and days like this just get taken for granted. This spring, the weather has seemed to be perfect and the roses are the prettiest I can remember in years. People are out in droves everywhere walking, biking and jogging. This past Sunday, Murry Park was packed with people playing volleyball, soccer, and cooking out. It seems that more people are enjoying this spring then in the years past.

Are more people really out this spring or is it just that my life has slowed down to the point that I notice the people and the flowers. Have I always been one of those people with the hectic A.M. schedule? Could it be that I am happier now in my life then I have been in a long time and that is just spilling over into how I view the world now?

I think it just boils down to perspective. I could choose to work long days in order to get that next promotion. I could stress about getting into better shape for the summer or that the neighbor’s yard is prettier then mine. I could spend my free time in the house watching TV. There are a number of things that could make me think that this is just any old spring in Arkansas. This year however, I choose to stop and smell the flowers, take walks down Kavanugh, drink coffee on the porch and have dinner on the deck. This spring, I am enjoying it. I am not going to let another one slip by. You only have a limited number of springs in your life time so use them wisely.

On a different note, I had a wonderful evening. Surprisingly Michelle had the night off and we spent it together, singing, cruising, talking, laughing, and watching a movie. We spent nearly 8 hours together yesterday after work. I stayed up way past my bed time and I am feeling it today but I would not have changed last night for anything. Like this spring…it was wonderful.