Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Father's Day

Since my last post life has been pretty good. I had a wonderful father’s day weekend. Jess got up early and made a big nice breakfast and got everything ready and set out and the came and woke up Branson and myself. We stayed in a lot because of the rain this past weekend but we did get out to Petit Jean to the car show and car museum. It rained on us all the way up there. Once we got on top of the mountain the rain quit. We looked at everything we wanted to and then on the way back to the car it started to sprinkle. Once we started driving back home the rain began to pour down. It was if the rain stopped long enough for us to do what we wanted and once we were through it started back.

Sunday was similar. It was raining all morning then the rain stopped and the sun came out. We all wanted to go biking so this was our chance. We loaded the bikes up and drove to the NLR river trail and took off. After biking 9 miles we were back at the car and headed home. As I unloaded the last bike it began to sprinkle again. I put the bikes and equipment up and looked out the window again and it was pouring rain. Once again it seemed as if the rain worked around OUR schedule.

The bike ride was wonderful. Branson was so excited because it was the first time he got to ride his new mountain bike and he was fast on it. His old bike had 20” tires and this one has 24” tires. I used to have to wait on him some but now I constantly had to tell him to slow down. At the end of the ride he wanted to race me. So we took off. He got up to 17.4 mph and did not even shift into the big chain ring. My little boy is growing up. It is hard to believe that he will be 11 in 3 more months.
Last night was pretty good as well. Jess and I went trial riding. She is getting better at riding the trails and she is still enjoying it. Now if she can only get her level of fitness