Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Trying this again...

This blog has been neglected long enough. I am going to attempt to maintain this project and keep to the original intent of the blog which was to chronicle my outdoor adventures (more like escapades but adventures has a better ring to it) and my struggle with attempt to become a better athlete as I age ungracefully.

Why do a blog? I promise it is not because I feel my life is so interesting that I think it should be required reading for everyone. It is to attempt to become accountable in my training and or meeting my goals. If I am the only one that reads it that is fine because ultimately it is for me any way. If people want to read it for inspiration, humor or give me advice, I am completely ok with that. Supposedly a goal has a better chance to be reached if it is written down. Does it further increase if it is written down in a public forum? I hope so.

A little about me…I am a middle aged, overweight, husband and father of two (ages 15 and 2) who dreams of being a better biker, completing a marathon and one day of doing triathlons. My biking strength is good but not great. I ride about 90 miles a week at varying paces and do include some hills. I struggle with my weight. I am not fat by any means but not skinny either. I normally lose 20 pounds or more in the summer and gain most of it back in the winter. This year however, I have lost 5 pounds and can not seem to lose more. My eating habits have not changed. Not sure why I am unable to lose more and beginning to get frustrated. This is one reason I have resurrected the blog. So let the accountability begin.