Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007

It is a new year and a new beginning. 2006 was such a tremulous year. Jess and I bought a house and got engaged, my sister was diagnosed with cancer and is currently fighting her biggest battle, and I have decided to fallow passion of photography and hopefully make it into a career. I accomplished two of my life goals this past year. It has been a year of ups and downs but ultimately it was a good year.

I have made a lot of goals (resolutions just sounds too flighty to use) for 2007. One of them is to volunteer with an environmental group locally. The environment/outdoors is a passion of mine. I want to not only volunteer myself but get my son involved. He is old enough to now really to start to help and to understand the importance of volunteering.

I also want to develop a retirement plan. Middle age is creeping up on me and I want to get a plan together so I can be ready for the future.