Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Good Days Ahead

One more day until the weekend and I am very much looking forward to it. It is suppose to be another beautiful one. Hopefully that will mean that I spend a lot of time on my bike, jogging, on the porch drinking coffee and on the deck of Sufficient Grounds having dinner and drinking wine, not to mention a couple games of Frisbee.

The last couple of days have been fairly laid back. I have ridden my bike and hung out with Michelle. Honestly I can not imagine a better way to spend my evenings unless you include Branson.

Last night was my first night of riding Camp Robinson and let me tell you it was a blast. The first Wednesday of each month CARP has a cook out after the ride. It was a good chance to meet and talk to other mountain bikers. I am so glad I rode with this Wednesday group, I learned some valuable lessons. First was that these guys (and gals) are fearless and fast. I am breaking through some of the obstacles and they are peddling through them. There were boulder fields that would rattle your fillings loose and these people would not even slow down. If you crash in one of these fields you would break a bone, it was that rough. It was so much fun though. I also learned that I am not quite ready to start racing like I wanted. After a couple more weeks of intensive training with the Tuesday night group and the Wednesday group I should be ready for the second half of the racing season.

I am looking forward to tonight. It is shop n sip in Hillcrest (the best neighborhood in Little Rock).