Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Exhausted but Worth it.

I am so tired. I had a really good weekend but I am paying for that this morning. I have had so little sleep over the last 3 nights that it is affecting my thinking – not that I did a lot of that anyway.

I had Branson this weekend and we went camping at Blanchard Springs. It was nice to get away for a little while. We went mountain bike riding, swimming, toured Blanchard Caverns, walking around and shopping downtown Mountain View, and went to the Ozark Folk Center. The Caverns are so beautiful. I am going to post a couple of pics from there. It is amazing to know that Mother Nature is still the supreme artist. The wonderful formations and scenery she creates is mind numbing. I am fortunate that my 9 year old son notices, enjoys and respects the outdoors and nature so much.

Branson just loves to go camping but outside the caverns I think the most fun we had on the trip was swimming in the little creek next to our campsite and looking for the perfect flat rock to skip across the water. The excitement and joy he had in his face doing that or roasting marshmallows over the fire made the whole trip worth while since after all, it was all for him anyway.

Have you ever noticed though children are often happy over the simplest things? As we get older it is more and more difficult to have that all things are wonderful feeling. We often miss the simple beauties in life. Oh to be a child again to have the simple joys.