Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Life Story

Is it ever to late to start over, to begin anew? I want to chase my dreams but I can’t. I can not afford to and do not want to spend less time with my son. I feel like there is something missing in my life. There should be more to life. Don’t get me wrong, I have a good life. I have a cute and nice home, a decent car, I am slowly get debt free and have more money saved up then I ever have had. I have a great relationship with my son and a really good relationship with his mother. Am I just being selfish? Is it that I am never satisfied? Is it because my expectations are too high? Why do I sit and dream all day. I surf the net for places to go kayaking, backpacking and mountain biking. I know that I will probably never get to go to these places, so why do I torture myself by looking at these places? If I did get to go would it satisfy me or would it make the desire even stronger to go back or do something even bolder? Is this just human nature to have these feelings or is it just me? Is this a mid life crises? I hate it when I run into someone that I have not seen in a long time. One question that always pops up is, “what is new?” I always have the same response, “nothing much, just the same ol same o.” That is the story of my life.