Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Silver Lining

I am here at work being tired and all. Last night I had a good night at the restaurant. First of all I worked with Anna and Dennis. I like them both of them and Anna and I work well together. The afternoon was pretty slow so Anna got cut around 8:30. Well of course after she gets cut we start picking up. It usually does around 9, people coming in to hang out and talk. At 9:30 we had a group of about 40 people come in for a meeting. Hello! You should have called first and let us know on a group that big! So here I am, all ready a little busy before they came in. Can you say slammed!!! Of course they, for the most part, just order drinks. So then for the next hour it is all I can do just to keep up with refills not to mention keeping my other customers taken care of. Fortunately most of the other people there are regulars so they understand and are patient. Thank You!! It was after closing before I got all the people out of there and took me much longer then normal to do all the final closeouts and cleaning. Why did you have to make such a mess in the conference room!? I did not clock out until midnight. Of course I had to be at work at my main job at 7 this morning and the beauty part of it is that I get to repeat all of that today and tonight! So is the life of a poor 30 something Little Rockian. The silver lining is that I made the most money, last night, I have ever made at the restaurant.

Another good thing about working the second job is all the people I get to meet. It is a real smorgasbord of people that come in; rich, poor, beautiful, the not so beautiful, young and old. It is such an interesting cross section of people. One of those interesting people that comes in is a girl I went to high school with. She was the most beautiful girl to me when I first laid eyes on her, when she moved to my home town, and after seeing her 20 years later she still is. I had not seen her since graduating high school until she walked in the restaurant a couple of weeks ago. Now she comes in quite a bit and that makes me happy. Mei is such a kind person with a personality that brings a smile to everyone’s face that comes across her. She is such a wonderful and vibrant woman not to mention such a classic beauty. I am so glad we have had this time to become friends again. Mei, did you know you were my first kiss? I still remember it like it was yesterday, it was at the circus and I was so nervous. Funny how 20 years later you still make me nervous.