Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Changes

Changes are coming and they are not necessarily good. The chief architect, at work, is gone. Yesterday was his last day. He is a navy Seabee and got activated again for 6 months. There are two bad things about him leaving; one, he is the only person that has any influence over the manager of our department, two, his design projects fell into my lap to see they get done. Great, just freaking great, like I do not have enough of stuff to do already!

Another change is that I am moving. I am moving from my house to an apartment. The house is fairly expensive and utilities are real expensive in the house. With the cost of natural gas going up 70% there is no way I can afford it. I have not found an apartment yet to move to. I am suppose to be out November 1st of the house. I guess I need to get that taken care of and find an apartment.

I am getting so burned out right now and I need a vacation. Working two jobs and with my son in soccer and bmx racing I have little to no time for myself. I do not remember when the last time I had some solo time. I work 65-70 hours a week and usually have only 1 full day off a week and sometimes not even that. My outlook is getting a little more negative and I am just plain old tired. I need 3 days off so I can relax and do something I want to do like go back packing, canoeing, or go on a short tour by bike. I need to do something to feel alive and not make me feel that I live only to work and serve others.

I would also love a change. I have been thinking of moving. Not just to an apartment in town but to a new town, back home. No not to Pine Bluff where I grew up but back to my roots, Mississippi. I will never do that because my son is here and I will never be far from him, he means everything to me. I hate not seeing him everyday already. I will not move off and get further from him.

Maybe I feel like moving because I am so exhausted. I so need a break.