Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend in Review

No great stories to tell. My life is getting a little dull. Friday evening I spent it working on Shannon’s (the single mom from previous posts) car. Turns out she tore up the transmission and was stuck in a very questionable part of town. I did all I could at that point and took her home. On the way home she wanted me to run take her to the other side of town but we were not too far from house. I told her no that I did not have time. It was 8:30pm. I did not get to pick up my son because I was working on her car, I was also suppose to hang out with Ed who I have not seen in over a year and was going to be way late, since I had to still go home and shower since I had oil and grease all over me. We ended up getting into an argument over it. Is it wrong that I wanted to take her home and that was it? I felt I had already gone above and beyond the call of duty but then again maybe I was being selfish because I had plans.

Ed moved to St Louis about 4 years ago and I do not get to see him much. We hung out, Friday night, down in the river market and dranked maybe a little too much. We were at Underground and then went to Ernie Biggs. I don’t think I will be going back to Ernie Biggs. I have been there the last two Friday nights and both times it has cost me a $100 bucks. They are just WAY to expensive on their drinks.

Saturday morning I went and picked up my son. We spent Saturday in Hot Springs downtown. We toured the bathhouse and strolled along the shops. We went to the Aquarium in town and Mid America Museum. We were both disappointed that the muscle car museum is not open anymore. We also checked out the Arlington Hotel and the Hot Springs Tower. It was a long hot day but we both had a lot of fun. Sunday we work up early and went bike riding along the NLR River Trail. The rest of the day we just spent it in the house watching movies. It was just so hot outside. I worked last night. It was a pretty good night up there. I am tired this morning though.