Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Manager Free!

I just had the best news…the manager of my department is going to be off for the next week! I was already glowing with thinking that he would be gone just today but to find out he will not be back until next Friday! This is such great news. It means that I can get caught up on my work and do not have to deal with so many requests! I am just beaming with happiness. Thank you higher powers that be!

As you have noticed I have not been blogging much lately. This is because of several reasons. One my life has just been very mundane lately, pretty much the same routine day in and day out. This has been taking its toll on me mentally as well as not giving much to write about. Also my girlfriend is pretty sensitive about this whole blogging thing and I have to be careful as to what I write or don’t write because she gets upset about it.

I can understand part of her concerns though. When I met Jessica I was just coming down from a 6 month high. Life was awesome and full filling. I was more active and had more time then I do now. Over the course of our dating I have been slowly drifting down from that high. It is no fault of hers though but sometimes she does not believe that. My job has gotten very bad and I sometimes get depressed just by walking in the office door. I used to look forward to getting to work because I enjoyed it, but now I just look forward to getting off and getting out of the office. Physically I am in bad shape. I am in the worse shape I have ever been in. Since I work two jobs I do not have time to work out like I used to. When I do have time I don’t have the energy to work out. So I have slowly gotten out of shape. This process is exponential also. The less you work out the worse you feel, the worse you feel the less desire you have to work out. I am trying to fight my way out of this downward spiral right now. I have eaten better and rested more this week then I have in a long time. With the next seven days without my manager around that will surely help me mentally. Hopefully I can climb out of this rut.

Moving should also help. I am moving from my cute stylish but older house in Hillcrest (the neighborhood that I love) and moving to a nice house in a nearby neighborhood. I will have more room and not have to deal with such a moody and selfish roommate. Don’t get me wrong I love my roommate Ashley to death but there is a reason she has never had roommates. Jessica will be living with me at the new house but living with a girlfriend is not the same as a roommate. Recap: new home that is in better shape and with more room and someone to cuddle to every night.