Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Another Day

Another demonic day has come and gone much to my happiness. I did survive the commercial holiday of Cupid but there were times there that I was not sure that was going to happen. It is over now and it is time to focus my energies on more positive endeavors, my web site and weight loss.

First the web siteā€¦I am trying to finish the site design right now. The address is www.arkansasaventuresports.com. It is not up yet but hopefully it will be by April. It is a web site that is going to focus on out door trips and adventures in the state of Arkansas. I am an avid outdoors man and I wanted a web site to reflect my interests and give people a site to go to for information. The site will have schedules for the events for biking races, charity rides, adventure races, etc. I will also have feature write ups, with pictures, of trips I have made. There will be articles on gear and guest writers on their individual skills, for example one writer has completed two iron man triathlons, Pikes Peak trail run and the Arkansas 100 trail run. She will give advice on those topics and write about her experiences in those events as well. Since I do have a 10 year old boy there will be an area for kid/family friendly adventures. There will be a list out outfitters that will give links to their websites also. My plan is to have trips from the simple (Guided Tours through Blanchard Caverns) to the more difficult (biking the Syllamo Trail). Initially it will only have a few feature trips on it but as time goes by I will continuously add more to it.

The weight loss thing is going slow. I am biking most days to work and running a little at night. I have also started to eat better so I am expecting to see some kind of result soon. I always lose weight in the summer just from being more active but this year I want to be in the best shape of my life. Until then, I will keep at it.