Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hidden Costs

Yesterday was the big day. I had to be in court at 8:30 for my criminal charge. There were a lot of people there for court. Most people there were from holding and were there for drugs and theft. There were a surprising number of people getting evicted from their rental property. Among the drug dealers and thieves were 6 bartenders/servers that all got busted last Wednesday night. We started talking and developed a time line for vice that night. We also determined that we were all busted with vice using the same 19 year old girl. We all agreed that she looked liked she was at least 30. Everyone one of us pleaded guilty. We all got a $200 fine. I was relieved a little because I was expecting a $500 fine. I got put on parole for one year. So now I have to call into a parole officer every month. After court I had to meet with my new parole officer. He broke down how the fine works and such. The $200 fine plus I have to pay court costs, another $105 and then I have to pay for being put on parole! That is another $175!!! So all total it comes up to $480! All and all yesterday sucked! I suppose it could be worse but damn it still sucked.

At least I get my wonderful little boy tomorrow. That will make me happy. By the way, he has straight A’s for the first semester this year! He makes me so proud.