Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Intense Day #2

Yesterday was yet another good day. They just keep coming and for that I am so very thankful. Work was normal but I did go to the doctor for a complete check up. Everything looked good. I had some tests done and the results of those will not be in until Thursday or Friday but there is no reason those should come back anything but perfect.

I did my night time group ride last night. It was the perfect urban mtn bike adventure but what a work out. There were 15 to 20 of us. We left Hillcrest at 6 and cut through the back streets until getting to Popatop Liquor. From there we went to Boyle Park and rode all of the trails in the park. At this point the sun was starting to fall so we headed back to Hillcrest via Kanis Park, Sears, St. Vinceint’s, Markham and Van Buren. It was one tough loop but what a blast. I used all 27 gears on my bike.

After getting cleaned up I ventured out to Barnes and Nobel and had a mocha and did some reading before being joined by Michelle when getting off her second job. It is so nice to be able to have someone to chat with about any topic. It could be trivial or in depth but it is always pleasant. Jason joined us for a little while. They ultimately had to chase us off the patio.

Today’s training is suppose to be at Camp Robinson. I don’t know if I have the strength to do that. I guess you will find out tomorrow if I did it or not.