Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hump Day.

Well it is Wednesday and the week is half over and ever so closer to the weekend. That is good because I want a redo on this past weekend. It was not nearly as much fun as I had envisioned it would be. I went to Cowboy but did not dance and left early. I was not feeling great. I am sure the thick fog of smoke lingering at ground level had a little to do with it. Saturday was pretty much spent running errands and Sunday was laundry and work. I did try to run Sunday morning but after a couple of miles my calves tightened up so much that I could not run anymore.

This week has been ok. Monday night I had to work on a friend’s car. Not exactly how I want to spend my night off but she is a single mother and a full time student so money is not something she has. She can not afford to pay someone to do repair work so I usually do it for her. For the most part I don’t mind working on cars. My grandfather was a mechanic so I spent a lot of time in a garage growing up. What is aggravating though is this single mother does not see it as a favor when I work on her car but EXPECTS me to do it and on her schedule! Last night was work and we got slammed. I love being busy but not like we were last night. It is impossible to give good service to your customers when you are running from table to table with your head cut off. We also had an acoustical 3 person band playing for a few hours last night. The music they played was interesting and entertaining. It was a Celtic style of music. The problem was they set up in the middle of the floor, completely in the way of going to the kitchen or behind the bar. Not the most thought out location to set up a band. Oh well maybe next will be better.

At least today is payday for job #2 and Friday is payday for job #1. I am looking forward to Friday. Friday will be Branson’s first BMX race. I know summer is almost over now but I have finally have his new racing bike and his gear together. I just hope he really enjoys racing.