Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Fun

What a weekend. As usual it was busy but I did better on spending less money. Branson and I had a good weekend. Friday was pizza, the car show at the river market and Barnes and Nobel. Saturday my parents drove up and took us to Ozark Mountain Smokehouse for breakfast. It was good to see them. It has been a while since they have seen Branson. Saturday afternoon was pretty low key. We watched Star Wars 2 in preparation of the release of Episode 3 and drove around looking for bikes. We ended the day at Sufficient Grounds hanging out and eating with Michelle. Sunday started off with a bang. Branson and I woke up and were out the door before 9 heading to Camp Robinson to do some mountain bike riding. Branson had ridden some trails before but I knew this would be pretty tough for him. We take off riding and I try to stick to the easier trials and Branson is doing really well. A couple of times the hills would be a little too tough or the rocks would be a little too daunting, but he always tried to go as far as he could before stopping and walking the bike. He finally had a pretty good spill but took it all in stride. He dusted off, picked up his bike and got back on it. I was really proud of him. We finally after about an hour and half we started to head back out of the woods. It was about 30 minute ride back to the car. We were on a fairly easy trail and moving pretty good when we had to cross a bridge. This bridge was just a bunch of 2x4’s nailed together. There were about 2 inches between planks on the bridge. I stopped and was watching how Branson handled the obstacle. He did not hit the bridge with a good approach and went head first sliding across the bridge. He let out an awful scream so I took off running to him. I was fearful that he might have broken a finger or an arm. I get to him and get him on his feet. He was crying so I asked him where it hurt. He pointed to his stomach. At this point I tell him to stop crying that is not going to make it feel any better and Walla he quits crying. I lifted up his shirt and he was scrapped up pretty bad. He caught the edge of one of the planks and it just dug into his skin as he slid across it. We picked up his bike and walked it across the bridge. He got back on the bike and we took off again. He has a blast riding the trails and I must say he did a really good job, I was really proud.
Sunday afternoon we spent it at the house playing games and resting before I had to take him home. I ended up going to Sufficient for dinner and I got another bike out of going. I will tell that story later today. Michelle came over later last night and we laughed and wrestled and had a good time while The Incredibles was on. It really helped me get pass the sadness that usually accompanies taking Branson home.