Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Old Bikes

Branson and I drove all over LR looking for an antique bike and a bmx bike for Branson. We found 1 antique bike for sell but it was they were asking too much for it. After taking Branson home on Sunday I went up to sufficient to grab a bite to eat. I drive up and there are these two wonderfully old bikes out front. One was exactly what I was looking for. I start walking up to sufficient and I see a young couple sitting inside next to the window staring at the bikes. When I walk I go to them and ask if they own the bikes. They replied they did not but thought they were cool bikes. I proceeded to tell them of my search on Saturday. Their reply floored me. They told me they had one that they would give me. It was in the basement of their house when the moved in. I drove over there about an hour later to pick it up. It is not exactly what I wanted but it was a neat bike so I went ahead and took it. So this weekend I got two old bikes to add to my collection. I will begin restoring them this weekend. It should be a fun project. One of the bikes is a Western Flyer bike called the Galaxy Flyer. I will add some pics to this of the bike.