Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Drama and Silence

Have you noticed that some people just love drama even if they say they don’t? No matter what they say the put themselves into situations that create, harbor or infuse drama taking place. If they can not be in that situation then the are unhappy. I used to be one of those people. My friends called me the Drama King. I never knew what was in store for me when I woke up. I created so much stress on myself during that time but I did have a lot of fun also. My craziest capers are from that time of my life. Let me clarify though that crazy is not necessarily good.

I have been able to stay drama free until recently. I have been spending some time with a new person in my life. She is a drama queen. It bothered me and irritated me when she would complain about the situations she had gotten herself into. It irritated me because she would not do anything about it. They would continue to foster the situations so the drama could grow. I have been able to stay separated from the drama until this weekend. I am not going to go into details but needless to say I will not continue with the status quo and let my life get swallowed up in mind numbing unnecessary stress. I will be nipping the source of the drama in the bud.

This weekend I also took place in a “Ride of Silence.” It was a bicycle ride to honor and bring attention to the tragedy that took place last weekend. Jason Pratt was ran over at around 6:30 in the morning while riding is bike. The car that hit him did not stop and Jason died on the side of the road that morning. He was 29. I did not know Jason but as a biker it worried me and wanted to take part in the ride. We met at the location where Jason was hit, Markham and Hughes, and road to the capitol. There were about 80 of us and we road in two single file lines, side by side. It was an impressive view seeing 80 bikes ride as a group. Will the bike ride bring any more attention to the accident or that cars need to learn to share the road with bikers and pedestrians…I doubt it but at least we are trying.

The rest of the weekend was pretty calm. Just sleep, laundry and work last night.