Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Is it really Friday?

Has it really been 5 days since my last post and is it really Friday? Oh my, this week has flown by and has been pretty good and not real eventful so this might be a short post. Well to take the week in review Tuesday night at work was not good. We were so slammed that there was not an empty seat in the building. We had people standing at the door waiting for the next seat available. Wednesday night at work was perfect. It was not too busy but just busy enough to not be boring. My knitting ladies came in like they do every Wednesday night led by their fearless leader, Mei. Mei asked if I was going to be at the restaurant tomorrow (Thursday) night. I told I was not working but I may come by for a glass of wine. I then asked if she was going to come up there and she replied “Not if you are not going to be here.” That made me feel so good. I really have a soft spot in my heart for Mei. One, she was my very first kiss 20 years ago and two, she is such a classy and intelligent lady and I have such respect for her. Also on Wednesday night I had a group of 4 ladies about my age dinning and having drinks. They were there for a couple of hours. After they had tabbed out and were just sitting there I came by to pick up the signed credit card receipts. When I get there, they had the receipts stacked up with a note on top of it. One of the girls put her hand on top of the note before I could read it. She said that we left you a note. Ok I was a little nervous and did not know what to expect. She then told me what the note said. “We used to come here all the time and quit because of poor service. We decided to try it again. This is the best service we have ever had here.” That is what she said and the note said the same thing. It made me feel so good, plus they tipped really well. Thank you ladies! Waiting tables is not what I do for a living it is just a part time thing for more spending money, but it is nice to be appreciated for doing a good job. Just be sure you tell the owners!

This weekend should be pretty good and quiet. I am going out with some friends tonight and the rest of the weekend is up in the air. I sometimes like not having plans because that means I can do anything or nothing, just what ever I want to, when I want to. Let us hope that it turns out to be a wonderful weekend full of adventures of fun.