Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Weekend Blues

I had a most terrific weekend. I had my son, Branson. He is such a wonderful little boy. Friday night he raced BMX bikes. He loved it and he did really good considering it was his first time to race. He qualified for the final his first time out. Saturday my parents came to Little Rock to see him and they took us out to Ozark Mountain Smokehouse for breakfast. What a wonderful way to start the morning of the only day I get off but with a tasty breakfast! After that Branson and I went shopping and then we went to Benton to visit his Godfather. Later that day we saw The Dukes of Hazzard. If you have not seen this movie yet…DON’T! It is awful. Branson liked it, of course, since it had a lot of car chases and stunts but as an adult it was a terrible movie. God should strike down the director of the movie so he/she can not make another one, ever. Sunday we rode 14 miles on bikes and watched another movie. After that it was time to take him home and me go to work.

Work was good. We were busy but not slammed. Just busy enough for the night to go quickly. It also helped that I made some money too. That is always a nice way to end the weekend. Last night was pretty good. I went to Loca Luna with a friend of mine for dinner. I had the Voodoo Stew and it was not very good. I will stick to the Salmon there. After dinner I went to Barnes & Nobel to get some coffee and read some magazines. I know I should not be going to another coffee house to get coffie since I work at one, but we do not have all the magazines there. While at Barnes I saw Michelle. It was so good to see her, she is such a beauty. We talked for 10 minutes or so. Later, I read the new Backpacker magazine and wished I could go to some of the places they talk about and share those adventures with someone special. Maybe in time I will.