Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the story of my adventures in the outdoors of Arkansas; from the bland to the grand and everything in between.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Legs of Lead

My night ride last night did not go as well as I had expected. It was as if I had a parachute on the back of my bike to keep from going a faster pace or towing a trailer of lead. My legs were just shot. I have more power then most anyone in my riding group but my endurance is not what most of the riders have. After about 15 to 20 miles in the ride I usually start having trouble keeping up. (Hopefully this will change in the next month). Last night, about 2 miles into the ride the trouble began and never subsided. I don’t know if was because I did not warm up before the ride, which I normally do, or because I have not been jogging lately. Whatever the reason, I hope it is better tonight out at camp because Wednesday’s ride is faster then Tuesday’s, or at least seems to be since it is completely on trails.

I have also been tasked to come up with 5 things that my friends do that I do not understand why or not into. This is more difficult then it seems since your friends tend to have similar interests as you do, that is one reason you are friends. Right now I can only think of two things. Hopefully I can think of more over this week.

Tonight is the big night…Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith. I am so ready. Michelle and I are going to the 12:30 am showing at the Rave. This movie is going to be bitter sweet. It should be a really good movie and the only SW movie not to obtain a PG rating. This one is rated PG-13. Also it is the final movie of the series and it is the first one that I have not seen at the UA 150. I wish they would have reopened the UA 150 for just this movie. I know this would not have been feasible but it would have nice to have seen it there. The Rave is nice but it is not the same as the old “dome theater”.